A new approach to IT support
Introducing Proactive + OnDemand
We’ve been in IT a while now. In that time, we’ve supported all manner of clients, across all manner of industries. Whilst clients vary, the fundamentals of IT support haven’t really changed. Our clients largely want the same things from their support partner:
- Proactive – They want someone to maintain and monitor their IT
- Responsive – They want someone to help with the things they struggle with
- Expertise – They want an IT expert on the end of the phone
- Value – They want value for money and transparent pricing
- Transparency – They don’t want to pay for things that they don’t use
Pro+OnDemand is a new model for support. Bringing together the monitoring and maintenance elements of a proactive support model with the flexibility of a pay-as-you-use helpdesk.
For a flat, low cost, we’ll proactively monitor and maintain any IT asset:
- We’ll monitor your assets around the clock
- We’ll keep your IT updated
- We’ll keep you IT secure (inc Anti-Virus license)
- We’ll keep your backups operational
- We’ll monitor and audit your network
- We’ll provide full reporting on everything we do
+ OnDemand Help-desk & End-user support
Help-desk support is provided on the basis of either a pay as you go contract or a super-flexible retainer. We utilise per minute billing to ensure you only pay for the time you actually consume. With Pro+OnDemand you get the best of both worlds. Someone watching your back for the critical stuff and a team of experts on hand for everything else.
The team that says “yes”
Our clients are all unique and their support requirements are unique. There is nothing more frustrating than a support company that doesn’t assist you with the one thing that’s important to you. We are different – nothing is too big or too small:
- “Will you help liaise with a 3rd party”– Absolutely!
- “Can you talk to our broadband provider” – It’d be our pleasure!
- “Can you assist with setting up printer” – Too right!
- “Home computer” – Of course!
- “Mobile phones” – Why not!
- “My website is down” – Let’s see what we can do!
- “CCTV system” – Go on then!
We can’t guarantee we can fix everything – even our team of gurus have limits. If you ask us to do open heart surgery or plaster a wall, we’re probably not the right company. We can certainly sort out the plasterers email though!
Services & Solutions
Proactive IT Support
It’s fair to say – IT support is kind of our thing. It’s what we started off doing back in 2006 and what we still do now!
The Geek-Guru team have various interests and specialisms and this makes us ideal for guiding and advising our clients. Our clients find us helpful, accessible and straight talking. Supporting small businesses and large enterprises alike, we are always ready to offer advice and assistance, even on the most challenging or persistent of issues. We want our clients to feel they can call on us for anything. If it’s important to our clients, then it’s important to us!
Our UK helpdesk operates from 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday and our clients think of us just like they would an internal IT department. Nothing is too big or too small. We support all your IT kit including:
- PCs and Laptops
- Windows & Apple Mac
- Mobile devices – iPhones and Android
- Cloud technology
- Networking – Wired and wireless
- Broadband & Connectivity
Coupled with our proactive maintenance and monitoring systems – your IT is in excellent hands with Geek-Guru!
Already have IT support in house? Geek-Guru can still add value!
A lot of our clients have some form of IT support in house. That may just be a particularly techy individual or it may be an entire IT team. Geek-Guru work alongside our clients to fill in the gaps; providing complimentary support where needed.
- 1st Line Support – Perhaps you want to take the pressure off your IT team to work more strategically? Maybe they’re spending t much time on day-to-day support they’re not getting around to bigger projects? By freeing your internal team from 1st line support you can give them space to work on other things.
- Specialist Support – Perhaps you have the day-to-day stuff covered but want to make sure an expert is on hand for specialist support. Maybe you lack expertise in one area; like IT security or networking. We can provide 2nd and 3rd line cover for a range of IT specialisms.
- Strategy & Consultancy – Maybe you have day-to-day support sewn up but need strategic advice or support. We’ve been doing this a long time and our clients can benefit from that expertise – even if they don’t need a support contract.
Clients can benefit from our state of the art monitoring and management platform even if they have IT support in house. We offer discounted rates for clients who want to utilise our software with their own engineers and can provide installation services, training and support.
Cloud Technology & Strategy
Cloud this, cloud that… Finding it hard to sort the wheat from the chaff?
In the past decade, cloud technology has soared in popularity. Cloud technologies can drive down costs, improve productivity and remove barriers for small businesses. Organisations of all sizes are choosing to used cloud based technology for services such as email (Office 365) data storage (SharePoint) and backup (G-Secure). However, cloud is not right for every business and every use case. It’s important that you work with a technology specialist that understands the cloud and understand the changing needs of their clients.
As early adopters of cloud technology and hybrid systems, Geek-Guru has extensive experience and expertise in implementation, configuration and maintenance of cloud-based solutions. These include the entire Office 365 suite including; Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Dynamics CRM & PowerBI.
IT Security & Cyber Protection
It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there… The Geeks have your back.
Geek Guru’s in-house cyber security team help prevent security incidents through the design and implementation of secure IT systems. We work with government and industry backed frameworks such as Cyber-Essentials, PCI and ISO27001 to ensure that everything we do results in measurable improvements in security.
Our team has vast experience in prevention and recovery from cyber incidents including viruses, malware, hacking and breaches in data protection. Our team includes IASME auditors, Cyber-Essentials Auditors, ISO27001 lead implements and CEH penetration testers. We assist our clients in hardening their networks against cyber threats whilst taking a pragmatic approach to risk and cost.
IT Architecture and Networking
Nuts and bolts IT is far from glamorous, but we’d be lying if we said we didn’t love it.
Whether you choose a traditional onsite server, a hybrid solution, or a pure cloud system, Geek-Guru have the knowledge and expertise to make sure that system is designed, implemented, secured and maintained to the highest possible standards.
Network planning is crucially important. As a business grows, mistakes in network design can become significant issues. Businesses will often make the mistake of using their electrical contractor to install their IT network. However, network design is about much more than just pulling cables and installing wall-ports. By using an IT specialist, you are guaranteed that every aspect of your current and future IT needs will be considered in the design of your network.
We’ve been doing this a while now – why not pick our brains?
We have a team of consultants with several decades of combined experience. Perhaps you need some strategic advice on where to go with your IT? Maybe you want to make sure your own internal IT function is running smoothly?
Geek-Guru can provide short term consultancy projects or longer term ongoing engagements.
A selection of images detailing our recent projects.
Geek Guru Blog
In this short clip, Tim briefly explains Cloud Technology and the Cloud Services that Geek-Guru provides For more information on the services that Geek-Guru provide: www.geek-guru.co.uk Direct contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 0121 ...
Qualified and Trained to industry-leading standards.
As a team of professionals, we take our roles as IT Service and Support providers seriously, meaning we always have our clients' needs at the forefront of our minds.
To this end, our team consists of highly trained, qualified IT experts, all with experience and expertise in solving real-world problems and issues as they arise.
For more information or to get a quote, please contact us using the details below. The service area map shows the areas where we provide our services, but if you’re unsure if we cover your area, get in touch with us! One of our team will be happy to speak to you!*
(*All calls are recorded for quality and training)